Thursday 24 April 2014

MyProtein Impact Whey Review



Overview
This is MyProtein’s basic Whey protein supplement. It provides 20.5g’s per serving. It can be used at any time of day to provide extra protein and hit your daily MACROs.

Taste
I used the Chocolate Smooth flavour I found it a little too sweet for me personally but it wasn’t unpleasant. I was definitely chocolate flavour. It mixed well and was never lumpy.

Nutritional Information

Per 25g:

Energy: 98.3Kcal
Protein (dry basis): 20.5g
Protein (as-is): 19.6g
Fat: 1.7g
Carbohydrates: 1.5g
Calcium: 125.0mg
Cholesterol: 0.5mg

Please note this nutritional information is taken from the unflavoured version. When choosing a flavoured version it will reduce the protein content by approximately 3% for most flavours, however chocolate, due to the added cocoa, will reduce it by approximately 8%

So for my Chocolate Smooth shake I was only getting approx. 18g of protein. Which is rather low so I found myself doubling up the shakes. Everything else though is fairly standard for a Whey shake.

Price
£12.79 for a 1kg bag that has 40 servings.

Side Effects
None.

Results
You won’t see miracle results from this but it is a handy, cheap way of getting extra protein into your diet. This is only a whey protein is not a diet protein or mass gainer it is just a convenient way of hitting your MACROs. When used after weight training it will help with recovery and muscle growth but not in a substantial way. I was worried about the quality of such a cheap product but I couldn’t find any issues at all, in fact I was pleasantly surprised.


All in all this is just a whey shake but it is an incredible value one and one that doesn’t compromise on quality. However it is low on protein so you will probably need to double up. 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment